Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New York, Day IV











Standard tourist day. Took a ferry to Liberty Island alone. As much as I wanted to do a John Lennon pose in front of the Statue of Liberty, there were just too many people and I didn't take my tripod with me. Another ferry took me to Ellis Island. Everyone there was listening to one of those audio guides. There was no sign saying they were sterilized, and the obsessive compulsive in me can't take the chance. I almost got on a ferry to New Jersey. They need to make their signs much bigger, seriously.

The walk across the Brooklyn Bridge would have been enjoyable if not for the weather. That said, I only made it to about 1/5 of the way or less. Didn't stay too long for the same reason.

We dropped by Washington Square Park and NYU (might as well), walked past a fantastic Beatles mural and headed home early for once.

I tried out my new B&H babies (that place is nuts) at the High Line after dinner. That's Steven Molofsky, who works in fine arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment